#1 GOAL: Our staff and our patients remain healthy through this COVID-19 pandemic. We are committed to keeping your health and safety as our top priority throughout this evolving situation by following the guidelines below.
Effective Immediately - STRICT policy regarding no one coming to work with any slight symptoms (see link https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html )
We have always followed CDC and OSHA universal guidelines and regulations for prevention of infectious diseases. These are the additional procedures we have put in to place to protect you and our staff in a clean and safe environment.
- All patients may be seen by appointment ONLY. We are not accepting walk-ins at this time
- Effective Immediately, we have initiated a protocol where patients will be seen individually so there is no gathering of patients in the office
- When patients arrive for their appointment, they are to call the office number provided on the door. The Provider will let them know when they are ready for them to enter the building for their appointment
- Per recommendation by the CDC: All patients are required to wear a face covering to their appointment
- All patient contact surfaces are being cleaned and sanitized after every visit
- Virtual visits are available if patients are not able to be seen in the office
- Curbside pick-up and drop-off are available for any repairs or cleanings
Please do not come to the office and call to reschedule if you can answer yes to any of the following
- You have traveled outside the United States in the last 14 days, especially to Europe, Asia, or the Middle East
- You have any of the following symptoms
- Elevated temperature of 100.4 or higher
- Shortness of breath not related to chronic disease
- You are living with someone quarantined (medically or self) or furloughed for COVID-19
- You have been in contact with an individual positive for COVID-19
Please answer the question below to the best of your ability. After you choose your answer, the next question will appear. At the end of the survey, you will be provided with a score, and you may send this score to us so we may discuss any hearing loss issues you are having.
Are there situations in which you find it difficult to hear clearly?
Do you have to strain to understand conversations?
Do you have a problem hearing over the telephone?
Do you have trouble following a conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time?
Do you have trouble hearing conversations in a noisy background such as a restaurant or a group gathering?
Do you have dizziness, pain, or ringing in your ears?
Do family members or coworkers remark about you missing what has been said?
Do people complain that you turn the TV volume up too high?
Do you find it hard to hear someone when they talk in a soft voice or whisper?
Do you find understanding women and children particularly challenging?
You received a score of