Providing you with the best selection of latest technology in hearing aids from leading manufacturers. We’ll help you find the right hearing device to fit your lifestyle and budget.
Styles of Hearing Aids
There’s a world of choices when it comes to today’s hearing aids. We offer many sizes and shapes that are sleek, compact and affordable.
These styles of hearing aids are available at Palmetto Hearing Healthcare Center:
- In the ear (ITE)
- Invisible in canal (IIC)
- Completely in canal (CIC)
- In the canal (ITC)
- Full Shell
- Behind the ear (BTE)
- Mini BTE with slim tube and tip
- Receiver in the ear (RITE)
- BTE with earmolds
- Earplugs and earmolds for hunting: Designed to protect hunters from the damaging impacts of rounds fired.
- Earplugs and earmolds for music: Designed to optimize the musician’s experience by filtering out the damaging sounds, but allowing the music to reach the wearer.
- Earplugs and earmolds for swimming: Designed to stop water from entering the ears while swimming. Available in options that float, making them easy to keep track of.
- iCustom: Designed for use with any type of earbud or button-style earphones.
- DefendEar 1: Designed to amplify during situational awareness, but still block out damaging sounds.
- DefendEar 2: Optimized for intermittent or continuous shots.
- DefendEar Hunter: Provides standard digital features and also functions optimally in wind.
Hearing Aid Products and Accessories by Manufacturer
Bluetooth Hearing Aids
Put today’s technology to work for you! Bluetooth hearing aids connect wirelessly to many devices, including televisions, cell phones, FM systems, GPS systems and PDAs. A Bluetooth connection offers improved sound and an excellent signal.
Connecting to the world around you has never been easier thanks to Oticon’s Opn hearing aid. Enjoy hands-free calling, stream music through both ears and connect to the internet through If This Then That network (IFTTT.com). Oticon Hearing Aid Solutions helps you communicate, interact and participate fully in your life with their custom devices and technology.
Phonak offers innovative choices and creative solutions, along with accessories to help you better hear and understand. Phonak provides a wide array of options for wireless connections to your hearing aids. With Phonak, life is on.
Signia offers a complete line of hearing aids and wireless accessories for your lifestyle. With Signia, life sounds brilliant.
Sonic Innovations wants to make every day sound better. Sonic provides hearing aids that mimic natural hearing. With Sonic, every day sounds better.
Starkey is in the business of connecting people and changing lives. With options ranging from wireless to invisible hearing aids, Starkey says better hearing leads to better living.
Unitron offers hearing aid products designed to make a difference in people’s lives. Unitron provides excellence by design.
To learn more about the hearing aid styles and brands we carry, call (843) 571-0744, or stop by Palmetto Hearing Healthcare Center’s West Ashley Charleston location at 1565 Sam Rittenberg Boulevard, Suite 100 or our Summerville office at 102 West 8th North Street.
Please answer the question below to the best of your ability. After you choose your answer, the next question will appear. At the end of the survey, you will be provided with a score, and you may send this score to us so we may discuss any hearing loss issues you are having.
Are there situations in which you find it difficult to hear clearly?
Do you have to strain to understand conversations?
Do you have a problem hearing over the telephone?
Do you have trouble following a conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time?
Do you have trouble hearing conversations in a noisy background such as a restaurant or a group gathering?
Do you have dizziness, pain, or ringing in your ears?
Do family members or coworkers remark about you missing what has been said?
Do people complain that you turn the TV volume up too high?
Do you find it hard to hear someone when they talk in a soft voice or whisper?
Do you find understanding women and children particularly challenging?
You received a score of